Thread: Next-level help
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2019, 08:26 PM   #20
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post
Don't sell yourself short...your Yaks team have been one of the better teams in the league these last 20 seasons and your comments are usually spot on.

I tried to see where your current pitchers fall in terms of projected FIP and most
of them are outside of the top100:
Dierker (106), Bob Gibson (not sure which card you have), Martinez (115),
Verlander (152), Whitley (166).

See if you can get lucky with a 86 Keuchel or 93/94 Maddux to really reduce HRs.

Also, you mentioned that you adjusted your park to reduce HRs but I see Max Munzy, who makes very little contact (52) and strikes out a lot (Ks:22).

You would be better of with someone like Rod Carew (82), Pete Rose (71), Dan T Murphy (79), Keith Hernandez (77), or a good contact hitter.

here is my silver team that looks playoff bound in Perfect league (using some diamond pitchers like Brown/Clemens/Gibson/Drysdale/Rigney).
Ive kept my eye open for them since i started playing and have never seen one in my price range.
But thanks for the advice.

And i basically ran with your exact roster sans the mentioned pitchers and outfielders and got absolutely destroyed in bronze. So bad of i couldve been relegated to the entry pool i should've been.
Findest2001 is offline   Reply With Quote