View Single Post
Old 05-06-2017, 11:46 PM   #19
psd
Major Leagues

"I have no problem with it. They would have made it there anyways" I don't think ANYONE who cheated in any way should be in the HOF. I am appalled at the attitude some have towards it. No problem with it? Really? So if your child was attempting to get into a really prestigious school, and was working hard his entire life, but cheated on the entrance exam, you would be OK with that? Especially if he was smart enough to do it on his own anyways ? Really? What if your kid DIDN"T make it in because the last spot went to someone ELSE who cheated? You would be fine with it? I doubt it.

"There's no proof steroids helped." Of course they helped. Steroids gave them an advantage in recovery from injuries and in stamina, to name 2 areas where it helped.. So many wouldn't take anything that did nothing for them. It's a stupid argument.

"They didn't fail any drug tests." Drug tests are a joke. You think someone making MILLIONS can't figure out a way to beat a $5 drug test? You don't think they can afford drugs that DON'T show up in todays blood or urine tests? They need to come up with tougher tests and they need to test frequently, and especially by surprise.

The biggest issue though is the punishment. Suspension? So what. When utility players are making millions a year, the risk is well worth it. $30 million dollars a year for high end pitchers and players are here already. Failing a test should void the contract. League minimum salary begins and stays for the ENTIRE length of the contract you have. Fail again, lifetime ban. Of course, stringent testing methods along with strict tests should be used to avoid false positives. A re-test would be automatic, with the SAME original blood sample saved so another test can be performed, along with a new test to make sure BOTH tests match. They do, bye-bye. The only way to eradicate it is to make it not worth it if you get caught. Right now, it's well worth the risk.

Don Henley
psd is offline   Reply With Quote