View Single Post
Old 06-20-2019, 07:16 PM   #2776
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findest2001 View Post
The team leading the EP is an OL team with basically the exact same roster as me. I'm 1 game over .500, they're over .700. The only difference is their pitching. It'll take me weeks at the rate I'm earning PP to save up for their pitchers as I've made a whopping 260 PP in the last 2 days, but I want to have SOME of my touch to the team and not just run an OL meta...

The batters are identical except I have Bill Terry and they have Olerud. The rest are the same, Aparicio, Belanger, Carew and Madlock platooning at DH, Suzuki, Gwynn, Lavaliere (those are the ones I recall off the top of my head).

I don't know where they got the PP to get the team they got unless they got uber lucky opening packs. I'm not crying whale or anything, I really just don't understand. I have the same offensive roster but am way down the list from them with basically the same number of played games so it isn't a quantity issue. I'll post screenshots if you'd like, later when I can. I'm sick right now and using a device that's not mine.

It is my kids and the team they set up for their friend and dad.
I finally had them show me the team yesterday and they essentially invested into cheap bronze and upgraded to silver pitchers with high movement and control.

I don’t believe they have a single great card or had any luck. I will check tonight but I am sure they just sold whoever they got.

If you get super defensive players, you will want to play them and not bench them.
Aparicio will get you 5WAR if you play him full time for many of the leagues.
Same with Belanger at 2B. He trains to 123 or 128 and gets you gold glove defense.

Also, not sure I understand the park setup.
Contact for left handed I understand but you don’t really have any power hitters. You will end up hurting yourself more than you help yourself. If you only have 2 righty hitters that can hit HRs, you may as well not focus on them but the rest of the team.
Otherwise, the teams with live cards and big power will thank you every time.

Essentially, their model is typically...
1B LHB hitter + defensive RHB as platoon
2B Defense. Ignore offense
3B Hitter. Kell works well for early levels
SS Defense
LF Ichiro / Or any of the LHBs with good defense
CF Defense until you can afford a great gold card.
RF Gwynn / maybe platoon either LF or RF

SPs - Movement, control, then stuff.
RPs - Movement, control, then stuff except
for Closer and maybe one of your Setup pitchers

Most of the silver players on the team are pretty reasonable in cost.
Also, the kids sell players as soon as they see that they can sell for more points and get a cheaper but equally good replacement.

Gold cards are not really necessary.
If you have LaValliere, you don’t need a Gold card catcher. Sell him.
Use LaValliere full time against RHPs and find a cheap bronze card for LHPs and as backup (Boone, Sundberg, ...).

Get your wins and points going and then start to accumulate and look for improvements.

I will take a look again at the team in a bit once the kids can log into the account.

Also, if you have spare time, play a historical game for the extra pack.
If you wanted to be really on top, you could earn one Monday, Thursday and Sunday.
In other words, 3 packs before you get to Iron league.
Even if they are bad, you will get yourself 150 or more points, especially with the Auction house giving you great return on live cards.

Last edited by joehart; 06-20-2019 at 08:47 PM.
joehart is offline   Reply With Quote