View Single Post
Old 09-23-2016, 04:28 PM   #37
HockeyHippie
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Unfortunately, it is technically impossible to have saved games from FHM2 transfer to FHM3 because so many core parts of the game changed. By the way, in OOTP we introduced the functionality of importing past versions games in OOTP 6 or 7, IIRC.

Regarding the online league functionality which existed in FHM2, there were many problems with it, and the whole mode needs to be rewritten from scratch. So far there was no time yet to do this for FHM3, unfortunately. Maybe there is a chance to add it in a future update, the development team needs to evaluate and decide this after the game is released and the dust has settled a bit.

I am sorry if this situation is disappointing for some. But for FHM3 we first wanted to concentrate on getting the core features as good as possible, and then start expanding on that.

Markus
I get this, and I actually agree with the decision, Markus, I really do. We knew we couldn't transfer our FHM2 league to FHM3. Our iNHL online league had already made the decision to start from scratch with FHM3. But we had no idea there wouldn't be an online option until we read it here. My issue isn't with the decision, it's about the fact we had no idea there wouldn't be an online option until about 90 minutes or so ago.

Here's what I posted in the league chat a little bit ago...

"I think if it was an "either/or" decision, they made the right decision. FHM was pretty bad, and FHM2, while better, had issues, as we all know. I think they needed to hit a home run, or at least a triple, with FHM3 or risk losing a lot of the goodwill and support they had accrued over the years with OOTP.

I know in my mind, it would have been hard to support if the gameplay itself, the game engine, still continued to have issues. so while I'm really disappointed, I'm glad the gameplay engine itself was re-worked.

because from what little I know about coding, they can now continue to build and improve..... but like a house with a rotting foundation, another bad game engine, or at least keeping the FHM2 version, would have made it hard to keep moving forward."

I use OOTP as an example....I will always love OOTP, but I remember where it was and appreciate where it is now.

I continue to hold out hope an update for FHM3 online league functionality will be possible at some point.

Thanks guys for all your hard work.

Last edited by HockeyHippie; 09-23-2016 at 04:35 PM.
HockeyHippie is offline   Reply With Quote