View Single Post
Old 07-02-2007, 08:37 PM   #14
Raidergoo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Killed Kenny? View Post
Just a suggestion on the suggestion threads system. I agree 10000% with the idea of structuring the suggestions in a readable way. I suggest you take it one step further. Instead of having individual threads for each catagory why not have a sub-forum for each section. Then each suggestion can be its own thread. That way all discussion on an idea happens in that thread and not in the giant one. Then if I want to look just a particular suggestion I can open up its thread and read and comment without going through 40 other suggestions.
The reason the current set up is used is because it makes it very easy to administer. I go into each thread when I have time, copy/paste a few threads into my spreadsheet, then make a marker post with the text "Processed to here."

This makes it very easy to work on in a haphazard manner 10 minutes here, 20 minutes there, between all the other daily tasks, chores, and emergencies I deal with daily. It also provides the community a marker a pointer on what is already on the record.