View Single Post
Old 12-16-2019, 05:29 PM   #56
CBeisbol
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Mgr View Post
Deja, I understand the point you are trying to make. But there is one factor you are forgetting: This kid would be bawling if he had to deal with any kind of discipline.

Because this is the factor modern parents don't get: You better discipline your kids now, while they are in your care and w/the love you feel for them. Or you can wait for their first discipline to come from people, authorities or entities that don't give a flip about them because they are case #67A-47.

The problem is not the millions. The problems is the lack of discipline in this kid's life. I see it all the time in the peds office I work. I told a kindergarten teacher friend of mine that I pray for her profession @ the start of every school year. Because I know every September she & other teachers are going to be the first in a child's life to ever tell them "no."

Too many parents want to shield their kids from any disappointment, any setback, any self-control, any discomfort. If they got a bad grade, well the teacher hates them. If they don't win the game, the other kid cheated. If they have to stay after class, the principal is prejudiced. They let their kids bargain their way out of any thing they don't like. Food, chores, etc. When they come in my office, I can tell the kids who somehow think there is always going to be an out and those that know they ain't getting away from it.

Those are the kids that grow up to be dysfunctional adults and drive up suicide rates. Because they can't handle life. Because their parents never allowed them to learn how to deal with life. There is a reason why the Williams' sisters became strong women while the Jennifer Capriatis burned out. Because Venus and Serena had parents that didn't baby their girls when they were no longer babies. They got them ready for the real world.

This kid is bawling because for the first time he is not getting what he wanted and mommy and daddy can't fix it for him. The dollars did not create this spoiled immature brat. His parents reaped what they sowed and got a frikkin' bumper crop.
The guy who hates arrogance is making definitive statements about the parenting of people he's never met
CBeisbol is offline   Reply With Quote