View Single Post
Old 12-14-2019, 04:21 PM   #51
ezpkns34
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
This is an interesting point (and one I almost brought up until I was distracted by another topic).

Kids and teenagers (maybe the vast majority of adults) aren't equipped to handle that level of...wealth? freedom? power?

Is the answer to say that people can't earn that much money?
Obvious question is "how much?". And "at what age?"

Venn Diagram: People who think it's obscene that kids can earn more than an allowance by playing video games, or performing, or whatever and people who think that "punishing" billionaires with increased taxes is unamerican.

Child actors are notorious for having major issues, from financial to emotional to psychological (whether it's more anecdotal than statistically correlated, I don't know). But I imagine most under 18 are more likely to rent a mansion than buy a house while partying large chunks of it away, confusing being rich for being wealthy .... but again, anecdotal?

I assume most complaints about people making large sums of money from playing video games are due to jealously or finding it confusing why so many teachers need second jobs in the summer while playing video games makes others wealthy, or something along those lines of unfairness

Last edited by ezpkns34; 12-14-2019 at 04:27 PM. Reason: complaints
ezpkns34 is offline   Reply With Quote