View Single Post
Old 10-17-2019, 08:10 PM   #69
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northernsky View Post
So I let the AI run my affiliations so I do not have to deal with it but I noticed I lost most all of my players on both lower level teams. I went from 50 contracts down to 33 so I checked and most of my affiliate players are gone. I realize their contacts might have expired and they went to FA but doesn't my affiliate deal with contact signing?

Secondly - After I finish drafting for my pro team when should I sign my draftees? I am always afraid to sign them to early to my organization.

Thanks in advance!
Your affiliate will only sign players if they need someone that you don't supply. So for instance if you only have three goalies under contract, they'll sign someone to an AHL deal. You need to watch your upcoming Free Agents page and make a decision of who you want to sign.

As for when to sign draftees, it's a variety. Watch the unsigned draftees tab to make sure you don't lose anyone's rights, but often players are better suited to play in leagues that are appropriate for them. Anyone who has a current ability of 2 or above, you should be signing as soon as possible. It's a balance. It's okay to leave people over in Europe or College too. It helps balance only having those 50 contracts too.

Last edited by Adam B; 10-17-2019 at 10:36 PM.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote