View Single Post
Old 07-13-2019, 02:45 PM   #16
Tiger Fan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goroyals View Post
Always love these multi-sport dynasties, TF. Shaq-led Warriors dynasty in the 90's is awesome. Who were the other regulars on the team? Must have been decent, that Heat squad is a nice Big 3.

If you get some time would love to hear about your fictional universe as well and at least what that looks like/how you run it. You are the sports text sim guru for sure. OOTP is easy to customize but some of the stuff you've put together over the years on these other, less user-friendly games is impressive.
Thanks. Will get to a Warriors update shortly but as for my fictional universe here is a bit of info.

It is the one I am playing the most right now, although I am enjoying my first online OOTP league as well. The fictional universe was the inspiration to do this quick sim historical one as it is structured much the same way only it goes at a slower pace and obviously has no real players.

It started with a modified version my fictional player/ historical team quickstart I shared here.

A short answer on league structure is it began in 1901 and is fictional players but historical teams, or at least loosely based on historical teams. In addition to baseball, it includes college football and basketball, Hockey, Golf and I am slowly catching up to the rest of the sports timeline with boxing. I am presently in 1917 and in the next couple of years I plan to add professional football and basketball to the universe. With each of the games I have modded things to have realistic player names (using the 1900-50 OOTP first name mod) and teams so that College Basketball and Football power schools are closer to what they were in real life and conferences are as accurate as I can make them for the era given each game's limitations.

In addition to my role as commissioner overseeing everything and making some edits when needed as I go along, I am 'playing' as the Athletic Director of a college. As the AD, I help run my college baseball team in the OOTP NCAA feeder league and also do most of the recruiting and coach hiring for my school's basketball and football teams. I have considered making the minor tour in the golf game I use be a "College" tour but there really wouldn't be anything for me to do as the AD in it so for now I focus on being involved in the actual running a team in just those 3 sports. I let MLB, the minor leagues and independent leagues in my baseball world just run on their own and the same for hockey and golf.

As mentioned I am up to 1917 in all of those sports but a short time ago I added boxing (was finally able to get a download of TBCB3 which I had found my old license for. 2.5 is less buggy but I can't find my license for it). TBCB has no real career mode so it is much more hands on to create and maintain a universe. I am using the HW division only to keep things simple and built some history for my fictional fighters but am only in 1903. The plan is to have enough guys with enough bouts to stage an elimination tournament with the top 4 or 8 to crown my first champ in 1905. Then it will be just a case of catching up to the other sports. It is, as I mentioned, real slow going and TBCB3 is buggy, so I might yet abandon it.

I have thought about doing a dynasty report on this league but with entirely fictional players it is a little tougher to have name recognition, especially with so many different sports leagues.
Tiger Fan is offline   Reply With Quote