View Single Post
Old 05-21-2019, 10:19 AM   #19
Goliathus
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpacePope View Post
The easiest thing to do would to just put a modifier on all achievements based on the league. I probably wouldn't give any increase at Iron, Bronze, and maybe Silver. At Gold, Diamond, and Perfect, I think something like 133%, 166%, and 200% respectively would be enough to incentivize players to compete as hard as they can. The main issue with giving away PP is it stops some people from ever buying packs. That's much less an issue at the higher levels though. Still, this is just the easiest solution to implement, it might not be the most fun.

Just make tournaments give packs, easier and faster. Or playoff performance gives pack. But if we want more packs in the system, then tournament is the way to go, especially that they are supposed to be faster pace than league and we can flow the game with packs that way.

I am not sure 133/166/200 is good enough of a percentage. I am playing devil's advocate here, I have to get to gold which is so much harder than just staying at iron for a mere 33% gain, I might as well just sit at Iron for 40 seasons to accumulate assets before I step on the Highway to Hell. Chances of me earning 33% more in Iron than I would in Gold is so much higher. Also, if I plan to hit gold but I happened to not get past Silver, then I am screwing myself, might as well stay at Iron/Bronze and grind.

As for tanking, it's impossible to catch. The reported one are reported because they are tanking like Sam Hinkie's 76ers -- way too obvious. The more subtle tankers can easily tank in a legal way. Fielding a roster that can perform around .480 to .510 for eternity is perfectly fine, but can also be used with the intention of staying and grinding the same level for a long time.

Last edited by Goliathus; 05-21-2019 at 10:23 AM.
Goliathus is offline   Reply With Quote