View Single Post
Old 09-18-2013, 12:48 PM   #234
kojakki
Bat Boy

Post your OOTP 14 impressions here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatSeventiesGuy View Post
I love it! Maybe it's just because I upgraded all the way from OOTP11, not 13 like many of you, but I'm liking most of the new features. I've even found a way around the logo/uniforms issue that's bugging people - just keep one logo per team at a time in the logos/jerseys/caps folder, move the rest to the miscellaneous folder and switch 'em out when needed. A mild inconvenience at best.

My first season of my St. Louis Browns 1944-? is complete, with the Browns (featuring a color-barrier-breaking Josh Gibson winning the Triple Crown) winning 100 games and winning the Series in 7 over the 106-win Cardinals. Fun all around. And still addictive as all hell.

The freezing is a bit of a pain, though. It mostly comes up for me when a pop-up occurs, like "You've received a personal message" or "Achievement unlocked" or that sort of thing. I've learned to save CONSTANTLY as a result, after losing a bunch of trades the first two times it happened and having to do them again.

Well worth the $20 I paid during the All-Star special. If I'd paid full-price, however, the freezing may have bugged me more than it does now.
When it freezes, press "ESC" button. It opens play menu and message goes away, then you can continue as normal.

As for the game, I just love it. Was new to baseball and the game. After few seasons I'm beginning to understand both....
kojakki is offline   Reply With Quote