View Single Post
Old 06-03-2019, 12:45 AM   #5
alphington
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
challenge mode trade defaults are alright, except I can only do it if my assistant also agrees with at least "fair as it stands". And no adding in random prospects or money once there is a trade just to check if they will still do it.

waivers dont seem that easy to abuse to me at least in quickstart challenge mode, I almost never find anyone useful and I started as miami who need a full new roster.
I haven't played in Challenge mode but in default mode I found numbers of players on waivers in the off season who were on minor league contracts. In one game I claimed about 20 such players who were pretty useful pieces and they went straight into my minor system without needing further waivers - it was like having an extra draft! This made it seem very unrealistic and "too easy" which was when I started looking for house rule guidelines.So my other house rule is never to claim a player on waivers who is on a minor league contract (my guess is that they should not be appearing on waivers in the first case).
alphington is offline   Reply With Quote