View Single Post
Old 05-16-2019, 03:44 PM   #20
Goliathus
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogberry99 View Post
The one problem Goliathus missed regarding gold packs is that not all golds are created equal, nor are we guaranteed an even dispersal of positions.

One of the most frustrating things about the all-gold-pack team I still run in 19 was duplicate cards and positional clustering. After 26 packs, I still find myself running 2 bronze and 2 silver outfielders (one of whom also backs up my IF as well, admittedly) because I'm just not pulling anything at that position. Additionally, I was not happy when my 3rd or 4th pack's gold was a duplicate live Max Muncy.

Volume solves theses types of variance issues, but Gold cards cost too much for that to come into play quickly.

To be fair, not all cards are created equal. Even going with the normal pack, you will still get crappy cards of various tiers. 66 Luis Aparicio is arguably better than many Silver SS I am sure. And my 92 Aaron Nola is still disappointing me everyday. Also, I did say mention I only use it for foundation purpose. After 5-10 golds, I switch. I think they are useful in the very early stage of team building, hence "foundation" is the word I used multiple time. The gold pack value will diminish HARD after you have a solid team of gold/silver/few bronze.

----------------------------------------------------

I don't think gold packs will push you very fast to gold and higher. I can't even reach gold in PT19. I guess I could be a fringe gold team cuz that team is a playoff regular in Silver, just can't reach the final.

As for non-pack only, market is so much better. Depending on the gold cards demand, I might get 2-3 useful golds for 5K, much more superior than pack obviously.

Last edited by Goliathus; 05-16-2019 at 03:50 PM.
Goliathus is offline   Reply With Quote