View Single Post
Old 03-28-2019, 08:35 PM   #1
qcbandits
Banned

Infractions: 0/4 (4)
Complete OOTP Universe FaceGen Pack

Yes, this is a work in progress and Yes, it's an ambitious project

What it will be....
I will shoot for having every player in the game, regardless of league have a FG if it's even possible to find a picture to use

What it is now...
It's just over 30,000 unique FGs covering MLB, MiLB, Indys foreign Leagues, and MLB Draft hopefuls.

Why does it look weird?
I have gotten away from the current naming of Joe_smith wherever possible to get away from having to use middle names and initials.
I've instead used the players BBRef ID number which is used in the game as Historical Minor league ID

Exceptions are players that have yet to appear in a game in the minors, mostly draft hopefuls, some of the foreign and indy guys.

Then there's the Staff FGs
Quote:
I've began looking for FGs of all the coaches, for now they will still be in the old naming conversion but Andreas has told me that after a couple patches we can work on getting the game to search for them by their Historical Lahman IDs which will cover every coach that has appeared in the major leagues. I'm hoping to get him to add BBRef IDs to coaches as well. That way there will be no issues with coaches not having unique names. These coaches may not be in the first few releases only because I wanna build them out first in a separate folder so I will have them handy when I work on them with Andreas

Credit for this project goes to Jwisenberg
He's the one that showed me the usefulness of switching everything over to BBRef ID numbers

Tnarq... with whom this project would have been so much slower... thanks buddy for the help with Batch naming

and of course to everyone who's taken the time to make FG files and shared them here on the board

and to Markus and Andreas for creating this great game
and Lucas for bringing me into the beta team which allowed me more time to get as much done as I did prior to today....

In case you have questions and don't read the Readme
Here it is as well

This mod is best used as a total replacement for the current FG_Files folder

Pc version

1. Go to your documents folder
2. Open the OOTP Developments folder
3. Open the OOTP20 folder
4. Find the Fg Folder
5. Make a copy called Fg2
6. Delete existing Fg folder
7. Copy downloaded modded Fg folder into the OOTP20 folder
8. Load game

For the Mac.
1. Open the Finder
2. Hold down the "alt/ option" button and click on "Go" at top menu
3. Select "Library"
4. Open folder called "Application Support"
5. Open folder called "Out of the Park Developments"
6. Open the OOTP20 folder
7. Find the Fg_Files Folder
8. Make a copy called Fg2
9. Delete existing Fg_Files folder
10. Copy downloaded modded Fg folder into the OOTP20 folder
11. Load game

Ignore the above instructions, the Guys at OOTP Dev and I are on the same naming conversion so installing is much easier now
Just download
Unzip
Leave that folder open
in New folder, open your OOTP21 folder
navigate to the FG folder and open it

then copy and paste from the mod folder to the FG folder.
When asked if you want to overwrite, click Yes because FancySkunk has improved a lot of the base Facegens

New games will automatically load correctly
Prior games will need to use the update FaceGen option

Enjoy

Now, what you are really wanting.... the link
https://www.mediafire.com/file/j5rza...files.zip/file

What's next...
I will continue to create more FGs for the players that are missing them and I still have approximately 5k more FGs to see if they are in need of renaming.Because when I began collecting FGs up until this year, there's been a lot of duplicate naming of FGs

Next release

April 11th. and every two weeks after that.

Thanks and enjoy!

If you come across a player that doesn't have a FG while playing, and it's someone you want a FG for, be it because he's killing it for your team or you personally know him.... whatever the reason... Find me a pic and I'll do it prior to the next release

This should also work with historical play since most of them have BBRef numbers as well

Last edited by qcbandits; 03-19-2020 at 03:33 AM.
qcbandits is offline   Reply With Quote