View Single Post
Old 07-30-2017, 11:50 AM   #2
Outlaw Jim
Major Leagues

I may be able to help

I was given a lot of facegens from a friend. I have one set that has 18,000+ fg files that are all dated in 2010, a larger set with files dated up to 2014, and a very large set with multiples of most players (probably many duplicates) that dates current. Of course I also have the OOTP18 facegens for current players.

I assume the 2010 set is not very good, the 2014 probably better and the largest file a combination of all plus any updates.

Depending on which batch of files you want me to go through, I could get all players from 1980 and then add the players that debut in years 1981-1999. The smaller files would not take long because they only have one fg per player. The larger file I would have to look at the files in SI Modeller and then select the best one for you and that may take a while.

This may be worth doing because I can save these in yearly folders and other may want them in the future. I would have every decade start with a folder with all players of that year and then each other year in the decade add the players that debuted that year. This would flush out retirees every 10 years to keep your fg files folder with fewer players. Just load the full decade folder when you league hits that year and then add the yearly debut records until you hit the next decade. You just need to delete all the previous decades files. This will limit the number of fg files in your fg_files folder.

If interested just let me know which batch you want me to collect the files from old-newer-newest (the first 2 options would not take long, but the last would take a bit longer due to comparing the files). I also have a set with fg files that are all 300kb. The images kind of look like the players, but lacks definition of the players physical traits. I don't think that once you load them in game that the size of the file matters, so this set would only be useful if you have space limitations on your hard drive.

Let me know and I may be able to start this soon. I kind of wanted to do something like this by decade for my own games.

James