View Single Post
Old 02-12-2015, 05:33 PM   #4
BeanSobie
Minors (Triple A)

Ready, Set, Let's Roll...

Thu. Aug. 15, 2013

Shjon Podein hangs up the phone with Mr. Snider, it's been over 14 years since Shjon's been part of Ed Snider's team but the confidence he felt while catching up with him during the interview process has Podes roaring and reading to go. "Donna," he calls for his administrative assistant. "Did you get those numbers for me?" She handed him a piece of paper with three phone numbers, the agents' of Brayden Schenn, Erik Gustafsson, and Andrew MacDonald. Schenn's agent was an old friend of Shjon so he reached for the phone and started to type in the number.

"Shjon?" Donna interrupted, "Do you think that calling agents at 1 in the morning is a good way to get them to agree to better contracts? I haven't been at this long, but it seems like a bit of a risky move to me." Shjon hadn't even realized it passed midnight. He had done a lot today, called up the farm, set his personnel, trade listed two players, and assigned a legion of scouts. And he still had so much to do before the season, tomorrow he would call those agents and create a report on each position for his own records.

"Alright Donna, I suppose you want to get some sleep. I'll be back in the office at 8. I won't need you here until about 9:30 though, so feel free to sleep in." He knew she'd beat him to the office, but he hoped she appreciated his offer the same.

All in all it was a good first day.
BeanSobie is offline   Reply With Quote