View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 05:05 AM   #1
Ceej
Minors (Double A)

Vintage season photo packs

Here is something I've finally finished working on that some of you might find a use for... complete, full-colour 90x135 photo packs for some older seasons. I believe they are more focused than what we currently have; I chose player pictures that are as close as I could get to each year in question. When you open up the 1969 pack you are not going to see anybody with mustaches and long '70s hair. Every player is depicted wearing the uniform of the team he played for that season.

I did my best to accurately reflect team colors and logos for each season - the Pirates are wearing blue caps in 1947, and yellow-on-black in 1948. If there weren't any pictures of the player in the uniform of the team in question, I 'shopped them (well, GIMPed 'em) so they did. At the eleventh hour I realized I forgot to give all the Orioles orange bills in 1958 though

I did the vast majority of colorizations myself, although I used a few I found here and there online - sal1199's Elmer Riddle was the base for his 1947 picture, and some of simarc's 1977 photo edits made it into that season. I figure this is in the spirit of why we share and post our stuff here, so other people can make use of it.... but if anyone objects for any reason, I'll replace pictures by.... probably ending up colorizing whatever B&W picture had been colorized by someone else in the first place, I mean older seasons don't always have much to choose from

I actually began work on this four years ago but gave up because too many players simply could not be found, and my photo editing skills were not good at all. But after seeing the work done by members of this forum unearthing and colorizing photos I was inspired last year to give it another go and I finally got it finished. So this could never have been done without the dedication of all the people here.

There are fourteen vintage seasons here in total, consisting of: 1947, '48, '55, '58, '61, '62, '63, '64, '69, '77, '83, '92, '93 and '98.

They can be downloaded here.

UPDATE Feb 11/2013: these links are no longer active, go here to Post #37 to find their new home on my public Dropbox folder.

Last edited by Ceej; 02-11-2013 at 08:48 PM.
Ceej is offline   Reply With Quote