View Single Post
Old 04-29-2019, 09:03 AM   #32
TPinrose
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmysthebestcop View Post
I think that is legacy stuff still in the manual they don't really write a new each year.

The hidden player thing doesn't even work that way for many versions now.

Scouting discoveries is something every team gets xxx number of each year if that option is turned on under settings. Almost none of them will be scouted over 1 star. They might pop and gain potential because they can be stored many times for 4-5 years in the International system before getting to your minor league.

It is not effected by international scouting at all. Part of your scouts job is to go find unsigned amateur talent. Their ratings are based on Amateur Scouting until they gain minor league experience and then count as Minor League scouting.

I agree that the manual is updated infrequently.

However, there is no evidence that scouting discoveries are scouted as amateurs. Do you have some way to show that, or is that just how you think it should be, or what makes the most sense to you? I can say from experience that even with no international budget that yes you still receive discoveries but perhaps the international budget affects the quality of the discoveries or the accuracy of their scouting report.

Because as I showed above, if the international scouting does not affect discoveries, it seems to affect absolutely nothing that I can think of, and we should all make it zero.
TPinrose is offline   Reply With Quote