View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010, 10:17 PM   #3
hbomb
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Ok, the first user looks like there is a connectivity issue for them. I have seen something similar in the real world before (not in OOTP), and I wonder if he is behind some form of firewall or proxy server that does not understand or support ESPV. Long story short, ESPV is new and some firewall infrastructure does not support or expect it, thus needing the older PASV manner of setting up Passive data transports. I would need more information about what type of firewall (software and hardware) that they use as well as any ftp proxy server that they may be going through. That info can be PM'd to me if that is better for you.

The second user It looks like it is saying it set up a passive connection but then the error message it gives back indicates it wasn't. Perhaps something is not working correctly here. Can you tell me what OS that user 2 is? In fact if I can have that info for user 1 as well, that would be helpful.

For user 3, it simply looks like he isn't using TLS and instead is just using standard unencrypted FTP.
Edited
User 2 is on Windows - is there a specific resolution for this you have in mind? he's even tried disabling his router. He's testing the FTEPS settings via Filezilla, to confirm if it's a client issue vs. a firewall/network issue

User 1 is likely on Windows, I'll cc: you on an email
User 3 is on Mac. But since he has the new server address, it's unlikely he's using unencrypted FTP as a result of a commish/user setting (all recruithard.org settings are FTPES); last week, the league was operating off a different server/domain with cleartext FTP.

Thanks Alan.

Last edited by hbomb; 07-28-2010 at 07:48 AM.
hbomb is offline   Reply With Quote