View Single Post
Old 07-13-2004, 05:07 AM   #1
Montreal
Minors (Double A)

----- Post your Fictional Fighters Here -----

So here's a thread where you can post your fictional fighters in. If you want to know how this project started, just go there:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ad.php?t=68783

For the following three or four months, we will see how many people are interested in contributing here. If there's not much interest/contributions, I don't see how we could eventually try to build a large universe with fictional fighters. But the work wouldn't be lost anyway since any fighter here will be available to anyone wanting to use them in any of their own self-made universes.

Please, note that the current thread is not for posting *tomato cans* (fighters winning in average only some 12% to 15% of their fights versus 1-rated fighters). There will be a specific thread for tomato cans in the upcoming weeks. As soon as it will be ready, I will edit this post so I could include a link from here to there.

Here, you can post fighters rated from 1 to 15, in any of the eight original divisions: Heavy, Light-Heavy, Middle, Welter, Light, Feather, Bantam, Fly.

Ideally, we wish that you build your guys from scratch. If you're not already familiar with that process, read the part of the manual dealing with ratings. Then get back to the Fighter Screen, use a little bit of common sense and logic when scoring your fighter's attributes then hit the CALC button; You will automatically get an Overall Rating. Now, save your guy and hit the CALC button again (strangly, it's possible that you get a rating different from the previous one. Anyway, the second rating is the good one). You can also edit your fighter until you get the Overall Rating you want.

If you're really not comfortable with the idea of working from scratch, you can use the data from one fighter's attributes, but then modify those attributes to such an extent that your creation has very little in commun with the *real* fighter you worked with in the first place. Of course, his Overall Rating might change in the process.

However, if there's something you don't understand, simply ask a question. But not in the current thread, though. Use the following one for any question/problem related to creating fighters:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ad.php?t=69512

My next post in a few moments...

Pierre
Montreal is offline   Reply With Quote