View Single Post
Old 07-17-2019, 04:17 PM   #20
Caedus
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogberry99 View Post
As someone who has 2 teams that adhere to themes and a 3rd that has prioritized the addition of elite offensive talent while ignoring pitching (beyond a certain set amount that coincides with a specific collection of poor quality cards), it is absolutely clear to me that I am "failing to make a good-faith effort to play the game in a fashion intended to win via fair gameplay." I am focusing on point generation in 1 example specifically and interesting card collections in all 3. In neither case are my actions taken with an intent to win. Sometimes I win, but that is often in spite of the lineup I field, rarely because of it.

In both cases, I pursue objectives that directly inhibit the amount of games I can win. By valuing points and enjoyment over winning, I am in violation of the TOS.

Either I am wrong, or the TOS is not sufficient.
I wouldn't interpret an offensive focused team that is not excelling yet as a bad-faith effort.

Maybe if you are deliberately playing your defense out of position (a first basemen at shortstop, a catcher in centre field, etc.) or are doing weird moves with your pitching staff to elevate ERA, I could see those being bad-faith. But focusing on buying players who are good offensively while not upgrading pitching or defense? I can't imagine that will be seen as against TOS.

I could just be optimistic, but I don't think so.