View Single Post
Old 07-05-2019, 03:50 PM   #5
One Post Wonder
All Star Reserve

I'd like to see personalities handled in the same way FM handles them, with most (not all) such events tied to playing time, media comments, or contract issues as opposed to lots of random events between players. Events would also be directed at the manager more often as opposed to between players. That way there would be sort of an art form in managing the team as there is in FM.

Ofc these events would only apply with a manager and not to people playing as a GM (in which event they'd be handled by the AI manager, giving much more depth to that side of the game too).

How much a player is affected by these events has to be tied to something too. Reggie didn't seem to care what anyone else thought of him - it never affected his performance. Same with Ty Cobb. But another player might be greatly affected by discord - even when it is a different player who is angry. Perhaps that could be tied to 'controversy' score - players with a high score cause more problems but are less affected by them.

This thread is the right direction regardless of what method gets used. IMO once coaching and minor league management get sorted out, there's not much else that needs work outside of personalities and media. Short of working on the in-game animations and completely new features like PT, pretty much anything I can think of is already in the game.

I agree also that players should name names when they have problems, but I get the impression the game doesn't currently work that way. Like someone might have a problem with too many outspoken players on the team, but in game terms it might just mean that the combined controversy score of your major league roster is too high as opposed to him not liking a particular player.

Last edited by One Post Wonder; 07-05-2019 at 03:52 PM.
One Post Wonder is offline   Reply With Quote