View Single Post
Old 04-28-2019, 08:43 AM   #739
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Final Standings for Our League B22 and S287

Seems the team I put the biggest hex on, with my earlier post, was my own Rustlers. They lead with 10 games left, seven against the second place team, against whom they entered 9-4. They proceeded to drop into a tie going into the final game against that team. In that game, Joey Jay gave up a two-run homer in the 9th, and then surrendered a sac fly (?!) in the 10th to complete the fold by a 3-2 score. They probably weren't going to do much, though, as the division "winner" finished at 82-80, but then, the '73 Mets ended up in the World Series after going 82-79. And, Willie Mays was safe at home.

Our League has five play-off teams in B222. Unfortunately, Palolo and Asylum play each other in the divisional round, so there will not be an all Our League Conference round. There could be three-of-four, though, with Shasta on the other side of the draw from the winner of the Harlem-Salem Wild Card game.

That could also be the case in S287, as Transylvania and Waffletown would not play until the Conference series. Green Lake softened the sting of their Our League fade by winning their division.

Here's hoping for two Our League World Series face-offs.

The final standings, with Iron delayed due to travel:
Attached Images
Image Image 
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote