Thread: MLB Schedule
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2019, 10:11 PM   #15
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampdragon View Post
Is there one spot to get the minor league boxes? If so, how far back does it go?
The only place minor league box scores exist, to my knowledge, is on the MILB.com website. All leagues are covered, from Triple-A, including the Mexican League, all the way down to the AZL and GCL. The boxes go back as far as 2005, but from I saw when doing some quick checks, box scores for the 2005 and 2006 seasons were missing for some games, as well as some lacking the line score portion.

I toyed with the idea of starting with 2007 and begin saving the box scores manually, but it is really time consuming (and dull) due to the sheer number of games. It's easier to save box scores as a season unfolds, since the effort is spread out over the five months of the season. (For 2018, it took about an hour to save all the box scores for a day's games, longer when the short season leagues started up.)

I saved all box scores for the 2018 minor league season, including the four main independent leagues. I'm gearing up to save all the box scores for the 2019 season.

Last edited by Le Grande Orange; 03-06-2019 at 10:12 PM.
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote