Thread: Onedrive?!?!?
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2019, 03:17 AM   #12
green
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchkenn View Post
after following NoOne's advice, you can look at the game itself and see what those settings are .....

under GAME SETTINGS> DATABASE you can change the location of the files. the third line down (on my screen) tells me where those files are located. Mine reads C:\ Documents\Out of the Park\OOTP 17\saved_games\database. There is a small "edit" button on the far right where you can change the location. ...
I thankfully followed that advice and made a custom path to the database now kept on my harddrive.

However EVERY time I open the game the game sends over 8 gig of data to OneDrive. I have to minimize the game, delete all the files in OneDrive again, then proceed.

PS: I might not be clear here. The custom path works fine AFTER I load a separate game and each game you have to select it again and again as if just seems to work for a game. The OneDrive mess comes about while loading the OVERALL game to start play.

It seems the custom harddrive location doesn't kick in until you open a game you saved with it. You can't get to the settings to edit the location until you start a game or load a saved one.

So to open the game in general the whole mess comes back again into OneDrive every single time. OneDrive says it is overloaded and wants $100 from me to buy more space. I'm not paying them a single penny.

I'm new here and I just bought OOTP19 on sale to see if I like it (I do so far) and if I want to buy OOTP20 in another month but if I can't get this problem fixed on this version there is no way I'll buy the new one and go through this again every time I try and play.

Short of uninstalling or "delinking" OneDrive I don't know what to do. And to do that I have a bunch of stuff I have to move and save elsewhere including game saves from other games which might make them not work. I'm stuck. Any ideas?

Last edited by green; 02-13-2019 at 03:23 AM.
green is offline   Reply With Quote