View Single Post
Old 04-05-2018, 09:09 AM   #17
DB930
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefromchicago View Post
You've certainly done some impressive work - I'll have to use your list as a template for my own modded xml file. But as is evident from your list, you've added some of the namesets that Dogzilla has posted in just the last few weeks. Now that we have the ability to add unlimited namesets, I expect a lot more name mods to be added, and I'd be surprised if you didn't want to add some or all of them to a league that you're currently running. That's where we're apparently running into a problem - if the re-import names/ethnicities function doesn't work, then you can't add new names/ethnicities to an existing league. And that's definitely a problem.
Thanks. I really wanted to use your American-Ethnic namesets, too, to generate a bunch of Italian-Americans and Irish-Americans and German-Americans with a preset second nationality, but it just doesn't seem like it's going to work the way I wanted.

There's no easy way to just tell the game "take names from this group, and assign Nation_X as a second nationality". It's not set up to do that. Still, after thinking about it for awhile, I thought I had it figured out. I created a clone of each of those countries, assigned your namesets to them, and added them to the US's "second nations" list (with the option to "use names" enabled). I was expecting that 100% of the players created among these second nations groups would use your names, but that didn't seem to be the case. It looked like more half-and-half, where some used yours, and some used the standard US names. Having a German-American guy named Jaime Barrera just wasn't what I was hoping for, y'know?
DB930 is offline   Reply With Quote