View Single Post
Old 03-22-2015, 09:18 AM   #24
agrimsley
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksabr View Post
I've been running my league in OOTP 14. I don't know whether it is substantially different in 16, which i am going to try to migrate the league to, but here's how I handle it.

To control ROY, it helps to manually manage the awards. I ask the computer to choose when I get there, but if you see a non-League rookie win a division's rookie of the year simply because they are new to the level, you simply move the next true rookie in the voting up to win the award. If all of the finalists are not true rookies, you will have to find the best true rookie and move them manual into the award's top spot to win. Keep a sharp eye out, because most of the time a non-rookie wins when their team is promoted or relegated, but if you allow trading between divisions, sometimes an ROY can sneak through that way. And if you accidentally close the voting without checking the award, it will be too late because the game does not allow you to go back and manually change it.

On promotion and relegation, make the changes the very first day of the offseason.
Thanks for the reply. So in my league, the season tends to finish 27th August so you would move the teams on the 28th? Would this not exclude players on those teams from the awards voting that is still to take place?
agrimsley is offline   Reply With Quote