View Single Post
Old 06-02-2006, 01:51 AM   #1
Tiger Fan
Hall Of Famer

1901 Historical Quick Start Test League for Download

Very shortly thanks to Jeremy Weimer agreeing to host it there will be a 1901 historical quick start for anyone interested to try out.

My thinking was we could use this thread as kind of a basic walk-through for anyone new to historical simming and at the same time bounce ideas off of each other for league settings and other tweaks.

This file is by no means perfect but I think it is a nice little league to get us started. What I have done is import the 1901 major leagues using Lahman 5.3. In addition I added one minor league club (AAA level) for each team. I filled the minors with poor quality fictional players to ensure we had enough to stock each team. I expect the fictional players to have no bearing whatsoever on this league and 5-7 seasons in there will be more than enough real players floating around the league to stock the minor league team as well as our major league club.

Why did I choose to add the minors? No real reason other than I like to see the marginal major leaguers put up some stats of their own. I expect that a format like this is what I will use when I get down to business with my main league so I figured this was the best way to test.

I am using the Lahman DB right now but my plan for all of my future leagues will be to use the new Arod/Garlon database once it is released.

For anyone unsure how to get the file to work in your game here are some basic instructions.

After downloading the file you need to unzip it. I have put the right path in there so that if you installed the game to it's default directory it will be very easy to install.

Open winzip and make sure the option Use Folder names has a check mark. Next unzip it to your C drive (or if different the drive you are using) and the files will be extracted to your OOTP2006/data/quickstart folder.

Now open OOTP2006 and select load quickstart game. Select the Tiger Fan quickstart and enter a name for your new league.

Once you create the game you can edit the manager name (I left it at the default Joe Nobody) and take control of a team if you like or just remain in commissioner mode.

The game should be all set for you to start simming.

Last edited by Tiger Fan; 06-02-2006 at 02:22 AM.
Tiger Fan is offline   Reply With Quote