View Single Post
Old 05-29-2018, 05:10 PM   #1
Dollar92
Bat Boy

Red Wings Dynasty

Started this game with the idea of starting a new dynasty with the Red Wings. With that in mind, I needed to let all "go" on the ice in the matches and trying to get chance, to get the 1st overall pick in the 2018 draft.

I finished the season with a bad record of 23-56-3, but that was the point.

During the season and offseason of the 17/18, some things happened a long the way.

A lot of trades where made and also some FA signings:
- Signed Ryan Sproul from free agency
- Signed Andreas Athanasiou from free agency
- Signed Chris Lee from free agency
- Traded Ryan Sproul to the Sharks for a 4th round pick

- Traded Christoffer Ehn to the LA Kings for a 4th round pick

- Traded Mike Green to the Coyotes for a 4th round pick

- Traded Chris Lee to the Avalanche for a 5th round pick
- Traded David Booth to the Panthers for a 5th round pick
- Resigned: Petr Mrázek, Anthony Mantha and Dylan Larkin
- Traded Trevor Daley to the Sharks for a 4th round pick
- Traded Dennis Cholowski to the Stars for a 3th round pick
- Traded Givani Smith to the Stars for a 4th round pick
- Players who became free agents: Dan Renouf, Ben Street, Tom McCollum, Martin Frk, Eric Tangradi, Tyler Bertuzzi, Zach Nastasiuk, Turner Elson, Matt Lorito, Jared Coreau, Matej Machovsky and Riley Sheahan

In the 2018 draft I drafted the following:
- 1st pick overall: Rasmus Dahlin - Swedish defenceman- a no brainer choice
- 33st pick: Filip Zadina - Czech left wing - when he was still there, it was a easy choice for me to draft him
- 37st pick: Jacob Olofsson - A talented Swedish center

- 64st pick: Mathias Emilio Pettersen - Canadian and Norwegian center - 69 points in the season in 53 games - took a chance with him
- 95st pick: Adam Liska - Czech left wing - My scouts recommended him, so again a chance pick
- 104st: Oscar Bäck - Swedish center
- 110st: Nico Gross - Swedish defenceman
- 114st: Alexander Andersson - Swedish defenceman
- 126st: Carl Wassenius - yet another Swedish center
- 128st: Lukas Dostál - Czech goalie
- 129st: Milos Roman - Slovakian center - my scouts rate him at 3 stars, so when he was still here in the 5th round, I took a chance with him
- 157st: Filip Král - Czech defenceman
- 183st: Angus Crookshank - Canadian center - look at that name! Only drafted him because of that!

Of all the rookies I drafted I have signed on rookie contracts: Carl Wassenius, Adam Liska, Filip Zadina. Dahlin and some of the other players who potentally can grow to do a job for the team is to young to sign contracts yet.

Here at the start of free agency in the offseason I have made some big moves!

On Juy 4th I signed the Finish, and very talented goalkeeper, Juuse Saros, who was avaliable in fa - signed him to 4 mill.$ for 3 years.
On July 9th I traded Gustav Nuquist to the Wild for a 3rd round pick.
On July 12th the first big move of the season came. Matt Duchene was put on trade block from the Avalanche, so I traded a 7th round pick and Filip Hronek for him

On August 9th the other big move came. I traded Johan Franzen, Luke Glendening, rights to Oscar Bäck and my 1st round pick in 2021 for Taylor Hall!

The preseason is about to start for the next season. I will update when there's something to update about
Dollar92 is offline   Reply With Quote