View Single Post
Old 02-27-2016, 03:24 PM   #16
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94 View Post
Outside of REALLY weird setups, a budget of 2^31 should never happen. Don't think that's the problem.
actually, if you don't use caps, you will see it occur. nothing funny or weird is required. if they average just 20m/year, it will take as few as ~50years. that short of time would required a strong dynasty though. i've run into this with default settings, except the cash on hand setting obviously.

that happened with 100% ai controlled teams somewhere between year 50 and year 150 (it was a long-term sim, i did not investigate the origin year ofhte problem). if i control a team i average more than $20m/year in profit, lol. had i not caught this issue while setting up LTMs, i would have run into the problem in under 50 years. heck, in some years leading up to a dynastic-like team, i can make over 100m in one year with a larger market team and cheap, good players.

if you see a team not signing FA to fill out hte team, it's somethign to check. that is a symptom of that problem, which looks and sounds very similar to the symptoms explained by the OP. incredulity aside, it's worthwhile to take a look since it causes the same results and it takes almost no time or effort to verify that it is occuring or not.

op: glad the new league is working out and that you like it more. each rendition gets better for me, too. i started to keep notes of intended changes for '17... but i'm a bit on the spectrum when it comes to that stuff.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote