View Single Post
Old 10-19-2015, 02:46 PM   #1
Big Six
Hall Of Famer

The Canadian-American Hockey League: a fictional league story

Hello, FHMers.

I just purchased FHM2, and after giving it a bit of a test drive, I've decided I'd like to write a dynasty story based on an FHM league.

I've always enjoyed fictional leagues; I've created quite a few of them for OOTP over the years. In fact, one of the features that sold me on FHM2 was the ability to create fictional leagues fairly easily.

The Canadian-American Hockey League will begin play in 2015. There are two divisions, the Canadian and American, with six teams each. The Can-Am League teams represent cities large (Toronto and Montreal) and small (Hershey and Fredericton.) All of them, however, have enthusiastic followings who hope to see their heroes bring the Can-Am Cup home with them.

Many of the teams take their name from historic clubs, past and present, which are part of their home city's hockey history. Rather than edit the finances, I've decided to give each club a big, NHL-style budget, arena, etc.

Here are the twelve clubs of the Can-Am League:

CANADIAN DIVISION
Fredericton Royals
Hamilton Dukes
Kingston Frontenacs
Montreal Maroons
Oshawa Generals
Toronto Marlboros

AMERICAN DIVISION
Buffalo Bisons
Cleveland Barons
Hershey Bears
Pittsburgh Hornets
Providence Reds
Rochester Americans

I'm dressing them up with uniforms that have been created by several forum members...Tiger Fan and Isedelyod, in particular. Shouts out to them for their efforts.

I won't be managing a team myself. I'll be the Great Hockey Deity, watching my creation from above and telling its story here. I'll do my best to make the Can-Am League come alive, and hopefully some of you will follow along. I'll probably update the story semi-annually, at least in the beginning.

It's almost time to drop the puck...

The Base Ball Life of Patrick O'Farrell: 2014 inductee, OOTP Dynasty Hall of Fame

Kenilworth: A Town and its Team: fun with a fictional league
Big Six is offline   Reply With Quote