View Single Post
Old 01-05-2015, 09:03 PM   #33
Simple Mathematics
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead View Post
For the love of god, give this man a spot on the FHM researcher team, the accuracy of his NHL 14 rosters (both contract and rating wise) was pure gold!
Thank you very much. I was extremely proud of the NHL 14 Revamped Rosters. We were able to utilize NHL View for the NHL 14 version, so we were able to go extremely deep and make the rosters even more accurate than in the past.

Our main goal for the Revamped Rosters was to create better separation between players than EA provides. On EA's rosters, you have 4th liners with overall ratings in the 80's, and 1st liners with overall ratings in the mid to high 80's. This causes the gameplay to feel no different between your 4th line and your 1st line. In our rosters, our goal was to have the following separation:

Superstars = 88+
1st liners = 82-87
2nd liners = 75-81
3rd liners = 68-74
4th liners = 63-67
Fringe NHL/AHL = 59-62
Good AHL = 55-58
Average AHL = 49-54
Bad AHL = 43-48
Fringe AHL/ECHL = 42-

This gave fantastic player separation and made the 1st liners truly stand out. This range also stayed close to EA's CPU-generated prospects in their BaGM mode. They actually fit into our system better, because if you used EA's rosters, the top 5 draft picks wouldn't be good enough to play on their NHL roster for at least 3 years - which is unrealistic.

Every player also played to their strengths. We did not focus on a olayer's overall too much. We tried to stay in the above range, but we focused much more on the individual attributes so players would actually play like their real-life counterpart.

Unfortunately, EA took out the ability to edit players this year. So I am "jumping ship" to FHM. I will help out the roster community in any way I can.
Simple Mathematics is offline   Reply With Quote