View Single Post
Old 03-19-2019, 02:13 AM   #46
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas Raht View Post
Hey guys, sorry for the hassle. I'd like to tell you a bit about the background. Hopefully it makes sense:
For PT19, we use 6 servers at the moment. We copy all the league files to a single CDN storage. This CDN storage had a problem a few hours ago and the league data could not get uploaded.
For PT20, we use a different network and provider and a completely different concept. We have 16 servers in place for PT20 and it's completely separated from PT19. That is because we saw the problems a few weeks ago with box scores unavailable and so on, so we revamped the whole concept to have a system which is better scalable.
We wanted to introduce the new system to PT19 after the release of OOTP20. But with the problems tonight, I started to migrate the PT19 sim servers to the PT20 concept and that was not easy.

Obviously, it would have been much better to move all the stuff when the simulations are not running at the same time. For example Monday morning. But I had to find a solution for the bad CDN storage problem immediately and that was the only thing that worked.

Please accept my apologies for this server outage.
Wow. And all that at 3 AM. You're a hero!
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote