View Single Post
Old 01-15-2020, 08:55 AM   #92
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

I think Cora got what he deserved.

I take no pleasure in any man's demise but I cannot help to feel some satisfaction in this. Cora was the instigator and facilitator of this mess and he deserves his punishment.

I disagree with anybody in this thread who thinks such punishment that has been meted out so far, either by MLB or by teams, is excessive. A clear signal is finally being sent that cheating is NOT right and is NOT excusable. As in the steroid crisis, the integrity of the game is at stake. Otherwise it becomes a carnival con game.

Now, what about Carlos Beltran? "Carlos Beltran was the only player singled out in Major League Baseball’s exhaustive report involving the Astros’ sign-stealing scandal, but the new Mets manager avoided punishment." Why is that? A better question is, will the Mets follow the example of the Red Sox?

EDIT: Upon further reading, I see that it was Beltran who was the instigator while Cora was the facilitator, correcting what I said above. All the more reason, especially since Beltran lied about it on top of everything else.

- Bru

Last edited by Déjà Bru; 01-15-2020 at 09:01 AM.
Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote