View Single Post
Old 06-26-2019, 05:31 PM   #17
Dyzalot
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerheme View Post
I gave my Portland Mist franchise a new stadium in 2041. Why not, right? We had won 7 Championships in 22 years, we deserve the best.

Well, I mistyped the seating capacity and didn't check it until the end of July. I had it set at 50!

Not 500. Not 5,000. Not 50,000. 50.

My gate income was absolutely ruined.

I thought I would for sure lose my job (I play GM only) but I survived. However, I now have two new goals from my owner. 1 is attendance related and 1 is profit related. Usually I hate these type of goals, but I lost the team ALOT of money with my mistake.

To be fair though. If I could see the empty seats I would have noticed before July

Also side note...season ticket sales were down but not gone (18,000). This means season ticket holders couldn't even go to games!
Well strictly speaking I assume you actually had a sell out for every home game? Perhaps it was set up with a small contained area of seating from dugout to dugout and then was just fenced off like a Little League park so that people could just walk up and watch the game for free if they didn't want to buy one of the few covered seats? Pretty nice to give back to the fans after a few championships like that...
Dyzalot is offline   Reply With Quote