View Single Post
Old 03-19-2019, 04:41 AM   #12
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

well, there's no exploit for the pitcher to go to 3 balls... you are just running up your own pitch count. But, i guess you shouldn't feel bad about pitching out with a speed-demon, i guess.

although i think using it this way may not be a net positive? but you could try and compare a large enough sample to know for sure. i bet it's no problem to pitch out upto 0-3, but may have different dynamics. i'm not smart enough to wrap my head around it free-balling.

also this is from the other direction. a BB may be their own %, but i don't think so -- they have to share the same PA pie. from what i saw with that exploit in past, i don't recall a dip in walk rate, but i could be wrong. not something i looked at. it can dip as long as other things rise and still be an exploit, though.

errors are going to happen ~1/50 no matter what the seed is. they have their own 'roll' of the dice, so to speak. exclusive force that can rear its head occasionally for any batted ball in play or any error that is possible out of play? lol. is there?

if the walk-rate for the batter is unchanged, it's irrelevant to go to 3-0 too, yes.

the exploit works due to fatigue. by the 3rd+ game in a row they are using tired arms and position players off the bench. you may have a normal game while SP is in, but after that you will very likely score more than a few runs in the last few innings.

any slight loss while going to two strikes, which isn't that severe, are easily overcome for a gigantic ROI later. it's got to be slight, because those first 1-2 games aren't blowouts for the other team.

but yes... if the seed doesn't change, it's the same odds at the end. i think they have done some things a few releases ago to try to combat this exploit... after that 'patch note' (from memory) about it, it still worked, if i recall, and it still worked well.

if we could use one of the other choices to determine or guesstimate the random seed, that could tip off more exploits.

or, like someone did, they just found the random seed and then locked a good value to it, from what i hear... some cheating within the online portion of the game at one point. that stuff is fun to do on your own, but not with competition involved. kinda meaningless, really.

i haven't playe dout games in at last 2 years at this point. when i did use this exploit it was in the playoffs, lol. i'd always play the playoffs out the first few years i owned the game. once i started doing that, i didn't lose many WS, lol.

------------------------

fwiw, when a batter steps up to the plate in real life, the outcome is already determined. just because we can't percieve it doesn't make any difference. the brain chemistry, the wind, and everything else is going to do what it does because of the previous domino of actions and reactions etc etc. far too complicated for a human brain to track, and far beyond our technology at the moment. reality is on tracks. chaos theory is poorly named, because it isn't chaos at all.. it is simply following the rules. everything is repeatable and consistent, in spite of feelings otherwise. chaos is reference to a less organized system or universe etc, but it's still predictable because it follow very specific rules, so it is hardly chaos.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote