View Single Post
Old 02-17-2016, 03:55 PM   #97
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson View Post
Are you talking about the "Real Life Stats" tab? I've always seen the player's complete stat profile in this tab, but then again if I play with these 19th century guys I'm setting the boundaries from "No minimum" to "2014". Check that...I originally had my settings at "1901" through "2014" for this one, and Jesse Tannehill entered the inaugural draft as a 24 year old (which is the age he was in 1899 IRL, which is odd).

As for how a player is being rated, that depends on your "Historical Player Ratings" settings located on your League Settings > Historical Page. You can select 1 year, 3 year, or 5 year recalc, and you can double weight the current year if you select 3 or 5 years (Obviously don't need to if you select 1 year). Then you select "Real Stats" or "Neutralized Stats". When playing this "time machine" baseball, I recommend "Neutralized" but it is up to you. Then you can base potential ratings on "Selected Recalc Period Only", "Remaining Years of Career" (my choice), "Peak Seasons of Career", and "Remaining Peak Seasons". Then it's Base Rookie Fielding Ratings/Pitcher Stamina on "Current Season", "3-Year Period" (my choice), or "Entire Career". There are so many settings in this game. You really have to wade through them all in order to get exactly what you want. It's tricky, but doable.
Yes, something must behave in a different manner when it comes to starting in the 1800's. My real stats always show a players entire career.
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote