View Single Post
Old 11-22-2015, 10:01 PM   #3
basnyy213
Bat Boy

August 16, 2020

Wow what a mess. I have taken over the Detroit Red Wings after they've missed the playoffs for three straight seasons. I really wasn't sure what to expect. It's both better than I expected and worse.

Peter Mrazek has blossomed into and elite goaltender and at 28 years old is locked in for another 6 seasons at an affordable $4.5

The top line of Dylan Larkin (24), Evgeny Sveichenkov (23) and Anthony Mantha (25) is all home grown talent that are all 5 star ratings.

The second line is made up of captain Henrik Zetterberg (39 and in the last year of his contract), Gustav Nyquist (30) and Tomas Jurco (27) can provide some decent secondary scoring.

That's the good. The bottom six is a mess of younger no name players that don't really stand out. The defense is even worse. Top minutes went to Mike Reilly and Darnell Nurse who are solid but not neither is capable of being a number 1 for a Cup contender.

Finally Detroit's famed prospect depth has been gutted. Very few players stand out as future stars
basnyy213 is offline   Reply With Quote