View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 01:49 AM   #9
IceTea
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackyle View Post
IceTea, thanks. Your updates are amazing.

One more to keep an eye on is Amir Mansour. He is tearing people apart in the Heavyweight division. He looks like along with Franklin Lawrence, Bowie Topou, Deontay Wilder, Joe Hanks and Seth Mitchell sas the next batch of Heavy contenders from the US.

* Not a fan of Mansour. He is a 5' 11" heavyweight with little to no head movement. Any heavyweight with a jab will have his way with him. Plus, that KO punch against Mejias would never land against a good defensive fighter or even an average one. He threw a naked cross which is a cross that doesn't follow a preparatory move (feint , jab) Those don't land on good fighters.

Lawrence is knocking out guys. I'll have to do a rating of him. At first glance, he appears to be in the four range.

I'm not a fan of Wilder yet either. He is a super nice guy. I met him at the Boxing Hall of Fame two years ago. He has only boxed one decent opponent and was knocked down in that fight. Not sold on Mitchell ... Hanks might be something. The best american heavy is Tony Thompson
IceTea is offline   Reply With Quote