View Single Post
Old 06-02-2019, 07:08 PM   #21
BeanSobie
Minors (Triple A)

Wesley Metheny

My Arizona League season ended with a whimper. My first two games back saw us win big, and I scored a total of 6 times. The next four game I registered just one hit; on the bright side it was a home run. Losing three of those four games also eliminated us from the “playoffs”. What an extra 3 to 10 games would do for anyone’s development is probably negligible in the grand scheme of things, but no one likes to lose.

The scouts and coaches invited everyone to stick around as the MLB’s roster expansion was coming soon and that would cause a domino effect in the minors. I cleared all of my belongings from Arizona and got a ticket to Everett, I left some belongings up there knowing my Arizona stay would be short.

Austin Filiere decided to stick around Arizona. He’s from here so it would be easy for him to grab a part time job in the meanwhile as he waited to hear back from the Mariners.

Gareth Morgan’s family lived in Calgary so he headed back home for the interim. He was close enough that if he needed to he could get to Everett in a day or two.

That left Luke Miller, the reigning Arizona League Hitting King, far from his home in Muncie, Indiana. I invited him to come with me to Everett. Without having a housing stipend it would help to have a roommate and Luke was more than willing to split the rent with me, plus with my 20 games of experience and his incredible rookie season I honestly could not believe that the two of us wouldn’t get asked to join the AquaSox in the coming weeks.