Thread: Trout and War
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2019, 07:48 PM   #1
AirmenSmith
Hall Of Famer

Trout and War

I'll start out by saying that i'm not a fan of war but it is the way things are now.

Espn has an article that trout is better the "7 more Hall of Famers." While I can handle war being used to measure an individuals season, I just can't wrap my head around it being use as criteria to rate against players in the Hall.

To me what war is saying, per the espn article, us that Trout has accomplished more in his 8 years as a pro then Hall of Famers that have played for 15+ years. I feel as though that is why I can't stand war because it is overshadowing careers so easily and eventually the Hall may make it the main criteria for entry instead of the current criteria, which isn't perfect I agree.

I guess I look at it this way, would I take 8 years of Trout or Biggio's whole career? For me it would be Biggio's whole career.

So if trout stopped playing today, per war he should get in the Hall but per the HoF criteria he shouldn't.

Anyway, what is everyone's take on this? Try to keep civil, I know war is touchy but no bashing on others views.

AirmenSmith is offline   Reply With Quote