View Single Post
Old 05-12-2018, 07:47 AM   #19
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaBurns View Post
I add my unaffiliated AAA leagues after the inaugural draft when I see how many free agents there are sitting around, then I add leagues of usually 8 teams when the FA pool is about 300. I keep reserve rosters at 15 and I can control the FA pool by expanding or contracting the number of players in the draft with the MLB draft staying at 5 rounds. That is having players available for 8, 10, 12 rounds will allow to add leagues quickly if you want to in your league.

Right now I have 16 team Major Leagues, 8 team Eastern League, 10 team Central League, 10 team Western League. This is enough teams for me, draft is at 5 rounds with players for 5.

Draft is only for Major Leagues all AAA teams get their players from the free agent pool.

Hope this helps.

I tried a different method last night and as far as I could tell I wasn't getting any current season player imports like you're describing.

What I did was create my league using the historical wizard. While in the wizard, I selected the option to create a AAA level of minors. I then finished my wizard choices and created my league. Once the league was created, I simply unaffiliated the AAA league I created. Of course, this league was set up to mirror the MLB, but it would be easy to delete teams to get down to 8 or whatever you desire. I simmed one season and one offseason and as far as I could tell only had random players.

This may be a method you can test
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote