View Single Post
Old 06-21-2018, 10:19 AM   #4
Timofmars
Minors (Triple A)

I also don't worry too much about negative personalities, but it is a factor when choosing players to acquire or get rid of, just like baserunning or work ethic. I think these personalities can slightly pull down team chemistry, but it doesn't seem to be a problem except for losing teams that lack any leadership. And I do try to have at least 1 leader in the team.

My team this season had only 1 leader (no captain), 1 disruptive, 1 outspoken, and 1 unmotivated. Team chemistry is at the maximum, ecstatic. But that's because the playoffs are approaching and we have the best record of any team.

But maybe my team's relatively poor personalities led team chemistry to rise slower than it would have otherwise, and that affects player morale, which I think has a small effect on player performance. But morale also wouldn't be this high if the players weren't good enough to get this good winning record. 2 of those 3 poor personalities are the best players on my team.

Now, if you have some fringe players with bad personalities hanging around the squad, I think it wouldn't be difficult to replace them.

Also related to this stuff is the different amounts that each player cares about each of the 5 morale factors in determining their overall rating. For example, you may have some players really pleased with the team record, but their overall morale rating may be low because they are performing badly and that is what they care most about.

This can a factor to consider as much as their personality class. For example, maybe you have a player that wants to be in the starting lineup and you just want him as a bench player. If that is a big factor for the player's overall morale, he may underperform slightly when his morale falls, so you may be more inclined to trade him for a player that doesn't mind being on the bench.
Timofmars is offline   Reply With Quote