View Single Post
Old 03-29-2018, 12:15 PM   #1
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Location: Somewhere in the United States of America on God's Earth
When you build your rosters

When you build your rosters and have personality profiles on, how do you prefer to build your average usual rosters? When I build and/or maintain them, I generally don't keep those players which are listed either as disruptive or selfish very long, if at all, supposing that I have a choice about whether or not to keep them in my entire organization at all.

Even if they may be rated highly based on statistics or talent, I might not normally want to keep them on my teams if I don't have to at all. I just started another HRD game in 1901. And got Jeter in the inaugural draft, IIRC, as someone in his 30's, I think. Saw he was listed as selfish, so shipped him out as soon as possible.

Now, in that game, my Cardinals team has won the first four NL titles, and three of the first four titles. We're going into the 1905 season looking for a four-peat, but we had to win a tiebreaker game against the Reds to even get into the 1904 World Series. So far, there are only two franchises to make the Series, those being us and the Brewers/Browns, although they've had some challenging competition in the AL for a few years, IIRC.

A few teams seem to be getting better of late in both leagues. Jolting Joe is in Detroit at the moment, but we've tried to swing a deal for him, even when they've offered him to us, without success, it seems. And other teams have offered other players, but terms can't often be agreed on between them and me, of course.

I don't know how long this run will last, but I have found myself doing quite a lot of wheeling and dealing, frequently trading players for picks, and the minors are not yet in, of course, folks. Hopefully it won't end soon, but we'll all have to see, won't we?

Generally, I look mainly for players listed as Captains or Leaders, and/or those with Intelligence and Work Ethic traits, at least, if not also Loyalty and or other suitable personality traits. When I do so, and build accordingly, my teams often do well, I believe. Do you often have much the same basic philosophies when it comes to roster construction and maintenance, and do you prefer mainly to build your teams mostly through the draft process or through free agency, or by frequently, if not always, importing/creating players and assigning then to certain teams at times? Just curious, that's all. CD out.

Last edited by Clovidequano Dovatha; 03-29-2018 at 12:16 PM.
Clovidequano Dovatha is offline   Reply With Quote