View Single Post
Old 11-17-2019, 12:55 AM   #197
Jackgoboom
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Great Matrix View Post
That argument would make some sense to me if a PT franchise resembled a real one & you didn't come by more than 50 or 60 players but since teams sometimes have reserve Major League talent in the 1000s, I think it's fair enough that you would have to base your lineups on a) history or b) projected future.

Athough fantasy, these teams are bound by real possibility...or the mode wouldn't work.

Guys who aren't trained up at a position do often play it well enough anyway esp. if they have good outfielder or infielder ratings...just not at an elite level.
The key word is sometimes though mate, I'm not sure that that many have as much reserve talent as you think, especially the FTP players.

I've put money in the game and do have a lot of cards, but my Tournament open team is significantly weaker than my normal team.

If you have a lot of top cards huge advantage, but I guess that is the point and it is why at some stage training will be abolished.

Just a sidenote. We are still relying on, to an extent, a certain view of what a players stats should look like. Ill just go back to my earlier point. Does anyone really believe that top modern pitchers would really be this awful in comparison to the pitchers of other eras?

Last edited by Jackgoboom; 11-17-2019 at 01:01 AM. Reason: add on
Jackgoboom is offline   Reply With Quote