View Single Post
Old 02-28-2019, 09:27 PM   #3
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by italyprof View Post
Hi all,

I am back to playing a historical simulation league, random debut, all players 1901-2017, using old time ball parks, starting in 1947 but using 1981 as the Historical Year.

One thing is that the effect of using the beautiful old ballparks is somewhat lessened by the schedule being mostly nightgames.

So I go to the League settings, "edit schedule" and at least for my team's games (the New Jersey Owls), I change every game to be played, one day at a time, month by month, from 7:05 PM start to 1:05 PM.

But it is laborious. Is there a command that would enable me to just change the schedule to all or mostly day games?
You can open the schedule file in Wordpad and use the search and replace function to change times en masse. You can search for "1905" and replace all instances with "1305", for example.

From a realism perspective, I would point out that 1:05 pm is too early a start time for day games in 1947. Back then, day games typically started between 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.; night games typically started between 8:00 p,m, to 8:30 p.m.
Le Grande Orange is online now   Reply With Quote