View Single Post
Old 04-02-2018, 08:52 PM   #2
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnp0001 View Post
I am trying run a simulation from 1871 to present. An arduous task yes, but why not! I played the first season and in trying to transition to 1872, it had me start with five teams and conduct expansion draft for Brooklyn Atlantics. I'd like to begin the season with all 11 teams without having to monkey around with this draft, releasing all players and drafting again. What is the best way to transition to 1872 with the real teams and their rosters (for players traded like Davy Force, George Zettlein et al....I can handle that myself).
I would advise using expansion the way the game provides for now.

What your asking can be done but its not easy to do from scratch.

You would have to edit the teams csv file. You would need to have a list of transactions. There are some transactions that had no date. This is important as teams folded during the season. You don't want to trade a player on a team that had only 10 players till you have to.

You will need to create human mangers or do something to keep the computer from releasing players. Not allowing ai to make roster changes might work but during expansion i found it was still signing players.
I use historical managers.
You will need to use a as played schedule if you want exact rosters.
Or you may have players that played on a team that played 12 games playing 100.
You will need to pay attention to the pitching rotation and injury settings.

I use real teams and rosters. I started in 1871 and currently in 1883.
Im thinking about making a guide of how i do my league if that might help anyone.
BaseballMan is offline   Reply With Quote