View Single Post
Old 06-02-2012, 07:15 PM   #9
revcarte
Major Leagues

but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
Sorry, but I will not discuss this again on the base of Gold Glove awards. Last year I explained it in great depth with serious stats and it showed that the defense ratings are of course not perfect (which will never happen with the defense stats that are available for historical seasons) but still pretty good. I only got responses like "but he won GG awards" (so does Derek Jeter, yeah right) and "I remember him as the best 2B of all time" which is pretty frustrating. So please forgive me but as long as people don't post stats that show me a player is dramatically under-rated I will not do anything.
I guess I can understand a programmer trying to defend his product but just because we cannot argue with data that most people could never understand does not mean the ratings are correct. the 76 Reds probably would have led the league in errors if IOOTP ratings were totally correct. I once played 49 games with the 76 Reds and Joe Morgans errors were nearly double the amount that he had that entire year though I do not have the exact numbers right now to back that up. Also that season Concepcion had more errors in that 49 game span than he had the entire year. I was so frustrated that I abandoned the project.
I still believe the game has good entertainment value but the defensive ratings simply do not match up with ratings from at least three other major game manufacturers and in some instances do not seem realistic to me.
You have the right to disagree with me but I am entitled to my opinion also.
revcarte is offline   Reply With Quote