View Single Post
Old 03-23-2017, 04:42 PM   #91
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaBurns View Post
The problem was with an unchecked box "import historical rookies". 1905 draft looks to be back in order, again thank you. I started this league to test both it and my skills (which are lacking but improving) and have had a great time with the league. Was first thinking that I wanted to see what happens when minor leagues come around in 1920 while waiting for updates and the public release. But now I have had another idea, start again in 1901 but use the Spritze database after running my present league for awhile longer to pickup on some other pitfalls (mostly of my making).
Have either of you tried anything like this in the past?
I am using neutralize stats but advancing year by year for the modifiers, financial, and salaries. I just read that you have to reinstall the Spritze database after every update which I didn't know; any advice or suggestions on this league?
I'm not 100% sure (not much experience with OOTP17, no experience with OOTP18), but I don't think you can use the full minor league setup with random debut historicals. Also, Spritze has said that once he puts to bed all the issues with the historical database and historical minor league database (which includes all the rest of the guys that didn't play MLB along with [I think] players that did who debut earlier than they would from the major league database, which is always when they made their RL debuts minus a year or two give or take), he will start work on a Spritze db that will be compatible with OOTP18, which will solve the needing to import players from the minor league database issue that many are struggling with now. That could be quite a ways away though depending on how many issues there are with the default databases. I believe the Spritze db that is out right now is compatible with OOTP17, but not OOTP18. You can get the OOTP17 one by following the link here.

For my now 52 year old random debut league, I have used Neutralized Stats, and tied the LTMs and Strategy Settings to 1984. With financials, I advance year by year as they happened (though I find I have to do it manually on the first day of the offseason for some reason), and I allow MLB to expand (and teams to move) as it did IRL. I have my league always play a 162 game schedule with a custom made schedule that seems to change every year, which is pretty cool. You don't have to re-install Spritze's database every time if you extract the folder into the "stats" folder inside your OOTP Baseball 17 (or *fingers crossed*) eventually your OOTP Baseball 18 folder when the new one comes out. What happens when a new patch comes out is that every file in the stats folder gets overwritten, but if you've got your SpritzeHSforOOTP18 (when it arrives) folder inside the stats folder, nothing inside it gets touched. Then, if you want to use it as your default database, make sure you direct the game to it in your "Database Path" on the Game Settings > League Settings > Historical > Historical Rookies Settings page. Once Spritze gets that amazing database out, you'll be able to set it up as your default database whereas right now, you have to import Negro Leaguers, minor leaguers, NPBers, KBOers etc etc etc from the minor league database, which is a royal PITA for those that want to batch import multiple players.

In my OOTP16 game (the 52 year old one), I've imported 2 non-MLB players from the Spritze db that goes with OOTP16 into every draft, so I don't have to deal with batch import issues because I'm not really batch importing. I can appreciate the frustration of those who bought OOTP18 expecting to be able to play with players from the minor league database in their random debut or customized historical games, only to find out that you have to import those players from the minor league database though. I think we'll get it sorted out reasonably soon enough though. My drafts are only five rounds long, so it takes my draft pool from 80 (16 teams * 5 round draft) to 82 players, and I don't need any more players than that every year to keep the league churning along.

Last edited by actionjackson; 03-23-2017 at 04:50 PM.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote