View Single Post
Old 05-27-2004, 06:02 PM   #3
TexasLonghorns
Major Leagues

1) Should we stick with standard capacities for all stadiums (i.e. 45K) or go with more realistic numbers?
The actual stadium

2) Should Market Size represent real city populations or be equal for all teams? I could set all capacities to 45K but let market sizes vary to mirror RL pop's during each era. Yes, I have pop. totals for each era.
Real Population

**In other words, do we try to emulate RL as much as possible, or do we strive for equal footing for all teams where finances are concerned?

Anticipated League Settings:

**Some of these are debatable, as I am just posting my initial thoughts.

Financials - Off until 70's
Agreed

Coach/Scout - Off
Agreed

Ratings/Talents/Others - 1-10
Agreed

Salary Cap - None. But with financials turned off, should there be some kind of way to monitor salaries & promote some player movement? Or should we just let teams stockpile players & trade whatever they want?
With no fincances just trade

Cash Max - Not sure yet, but I'll probably go with 20-30 mill. Although if there's enough support, I could even go with 10 if people think it will help promote player movement. If we don't use this in any way until financials come on, I will reset all teams to $0 cash beginning with the first season that has free agency.
I don't know that would be 25 years away I could have some say in a while

Roster Size - 25
Agreed

40-Man - Yes, once financials are turned on.
Agreed

Waivers - No
Agreed

Minor Lg Option Yrs - No. Maybe we will turn this on when this actually started happening IRL (1980's?). I have that info somewhere. Just have to find it.
Agreed

Rule V Draft - Yes, once financials are on. May wait until date it actually started being used. Although, I'm not too concerned w/ being exact on the start date of smaller stuff like this.
I don't really like the V draft

Salary Arb - Yes, after financials are on.
Sure

Minor Lg Free Agents - Yes. We should have a large stockpile of minor leaguers by then. But this may be something that remains up in the air until the 70's.
Agreed

Engine - new v6 engine (DIPS)
I can't really give an opinion
Player Eval - Default 40/35/17/8
Agreed

Home Field - Enabled
Yes

Injuries - Currently set to High because I think it's more realistic. I am willing to take suggestions here, but we may stick with High for a few seasons to see how it goes.
I don't know I haven't really watched injuries

Fatigue - On
Yes

Ammy Draft - 3 rounds, Pre-Season. Does MLB make WS teams always last like the NFL or does it go strictly by W/L record?
Sure but i'm sure well have to expand the draft later

Signing Bonuses - Off, until possibly the 80's/90's
Yes

New Ancestor Signup - No restrictions other than the same ones currently in place. However, once we go live in '46, I'll be more strict on their ratings. They'll be ranked in order of the date they were posted. The oldest ones get the best players. In other words, say ootp generates 2 5-star, 4 4.5 star and 6 4-star prospects to start the draft. If we have 7 new ancestors, they won't all be 5-stars, but 2 will likely be 5-stars, and the other 5 will be mixed betw. 4.5 and 4 stars.
Yes

Once Financials Come On - Some switches will be flipped as noted above (i.e. 40-Man Roster, etc). Cash on hand edited to $0 for all teams. Fan Interest edited to 65 for all teams.
No

**Or should Fan Interest reflect the team's performance over the past, say, 10 seasons? I could come up w/ a method if it was something owners wanted.
On the past 10 seasons
TexasLonghorns is offline   Reply With Quote